Share This!

Monday

Double Renown: Blessing Or Curse

Once again Warhammer Online is offering double renown, and players are eating it alive.  You would have to be crazy to pass it up.  It is their two year birthday, and what better way to celebrate than offering all their players double renown.

Double renown seems to be more common now.  Are they prepping for the RvR packs, and want more of the playerbase already at RR80?  I am thinking it is their plan.  What good is introducing a RvR pack to expand to RR100 if everyone on average is at RR65-70.

Just like World of Warcraft you want to make sure everyone in the game has experienced the end game.  Otherwise it will be pretty pointless to offer a RR100 RvR pack if no one buys it because they figure it will still take at least 6 months to a year to reach RR80.

I know Warhammer Online has said the RR curve is being leveled out.  Is that going to be good or bad?  I am thinking it is going to be good, but until all the details come out it could end up being bad for lots of new players or alts who are playing the catch up game as it is.

The Double Renown is so sweet.  I can't say I would refuse to login, and not earn it.  I only have two complaints about it that I think are pretty viable reasons.

The first thing I would like to see is a future schedule of Double Renown.  I am sorry, but some of us don't work banker hours with weekends off.  I would like to know weeks, or months in advance.  This would give me the opportunity to get the time off from work to fully exploit the double renown by playing 24/7 for three days straight.

I know Warhammer Online is worried that players would only log in for those dates.  If they are thinking that than maybe they need to examine why players would do that, and fix it.  Everyone knows the RR curve causes severe depression currently, and everyone hates it.

The second thing is Double Renown causes severe withdrawal symptoms.  After a full weekend of earning renown, and seeing your bar move it really motivates you to play the game.  The day they remove the double renown, and play for five hours to see a half of a bubble of progress you just want to ragequit.

If double renown is so popular, and gets players to play than how can they keep the activity so great? 

My idea would be to get rid of the stupid scenario warfront that reminds me of watching reruns than offering new content.  How long has it been now, and still some of my personal favorite scenarios still haven't been on it.  I say just ditch the whole thing since it seems that they could care less about offering us a new one every week. 

Just make it easy.  I don't care if you make Weekly Double Renown sessions from Friday to Monday, or you offer double renown via a new RvR pack.  You know everyone hates the grind why not fix it?


Enhanced by Zemanta