Share This!

Wednesday

Is Patch 1.4 Good Or Bad?

I guess it all depends on who is answering the question.  I hear plenty of people in region chat complaining, but just as many telling them to just go back to World of Warcraft.  I am not sure what is wrong with me these days, but for the most part I have nothing negative to say.

I think the patch has been pretty smooth, and a few bugs here and there.  I was actually impressed that the new patch didn't reintroduce six bugs that they previously fixed like what usually happened in the past.  I think Warhammer Online as a game is really starting to come along.

I think patch 1.4, and the RvR packs accomplished what they set out to do.  It seems most players have put all their alts to the side, and are exclusively playing their mains.  It seems that there are fights around the clock.

The only downfall I see is all prior tiers practically died.  The introduction of the new tier levels seems to have had a huge effect on free trial players.  I have been running census since the patch, and rank 10 characters are not showing 10x the numbers of other ranks like it used to.

It could mean two things.  Either all the rank 10's were already current players, and with the patch they don't have to go to tier 1 to have fun.  It could be having a bad effect, and causing new potential subscriber to ragequit with nothing to do, or being outgeared by paying customers.

What is the good, and the bad about Patch 1.4 to you?

Enhanced by Zemanta