Share This!

Tuesday

SWTOR Officially Falls Off My To Buy List

I keep hearing voices in my head.  Oh wait.  It is part of the game in SWTOR.  I just don't understand how so many bloggers, and game magazines can hype up a game that will be 99% voice.  After reading another glowing review about how great the voice stuff in SWTOR is in PCGamer I just want to puke.

I already hate reading quest text, and now I will be forced to listen to the whole thing.  I am not a whole story, or lore buff.  If I want to know about it I will watch all twenty of the Star Wars movies again.   How is this going to work in guilds that use vent?  I think it will drive players crazy.  You won't be able to talk in vent, and play the game at the same time.

I know personally I already hate the sound in most games, and turn it way down, or off depending on what it is.  Do they really think it immerses a player more?  I really don't see a NPC talking to me feeling like the person is talking to me in real life.  SWTOR really seems to think it will.  I tried playing DA:O, and after about five minutes I logged off, and never played the game again.

Players don't want to listen to NPC's.  Times are changing.  Do you spend much time talking on the phone these days?  It is about texting, and SWTOR will soon find out the millions and millions they spent on the voice acting in the game will prove to be the biggest waste of money ever.