Share This!

Monday

How To Play Like A Noob

Are you wanting to learn how to play like a noob?  Are you dying to sign up for the Noob 101 class?   Do you die in pvp in three seconds?  If you answered yes to any of the previous questions than you are going to want to continue reading.

After my hiatus from World of Warcraft I have come back, and have been leveling up three characters basically at the same time.  I have my druid, warlock, and priest.  I alternate between them until they are all the same levels.  It sounds easy enough.

Tonight I finally leveled my druid to 24, and figured I would do some pvp.  I noticed when pvping with my lock, and priest that druids usually eat players alive.  I was ready to do some payback to some casters in Arathi Basin.  I start prowling, ravage, rake, maul, ferocious bite, and for some reason they are still basically at full health, and I am dead.

It just wasn't making sense.  How could it be that bad?  I kept doing it over, and over.  Each time it was basically the same result.  I would get no killing blow, and instead be dead.  I wouldn't even have a chance to heal myself I died so quickly.  I was really starting to get irritated.  It was to the point of breaking my keyboard in half.

Oak, Hedge, and Zezzle mention to look at the gear the other players were wearing, and see why I was unable to kill anyone.  I decided why not look at my own gear, and see if I could upgrade.

This is where I realized I was a total noob.  I guess between leveling three characters, playing rift beta, and so on I forgot to get gear.  My druid was half naked.  I had empty slots for all my rings, shoulders, and helm.  I look at my gear I am wearing, and all of it was item level 12 and below including my weapon.

I just don't quite understand how I went so many levels even in PvE without noticing how gimped out I was.  What a difference level 20+ gear, and weapon made.  It was like night, and day.  I can now rack up the killing blows in Arathi Basin.

The morale of the story is always be sure to check out your gear if you play multiple games, or characters because you could be running around basically naked, and playing like a total noob like me.