These last few weeks I have definitely been hit hard by the Gaming Rut Syndrome. I will call it GRS from now on. No matter what game I play, or download it just doesn't keep my interest for more than thirty minutes.
I think it may be actually PAX GRS. A week before PAX I could feel it coming on. I was excited about seeing all these new games at PAX. I barely got my Archmage to 40 before deciding to take a short break from the game. Originally it was just going to be for a week or so.
The problem is GRS is all consuming. After going to PAX it just made everything else seem unimportant. I just want to play all the new games I saw. Unfortunately most of them I may not even get to play even next year even though most of them promised a 2011 release.
GRS has hit me hard. I can't play another minute of Warhammer Online until either patch 1.4 or the RvR packs. It just seems pointless until the new mechanics get in the game.
I played Lego Universe beta, and it was fun for about a week, and now I have lost interest in it to. I swear GRS is a real disease it seems.
I have tried playing Global Agenda. The game was a blast the first few nights, but nothing made me want to keep logging in every day.
I tried EvE, and even after listening to alot of convincing chat on Twitter I was to overwhelmed with everything in the game. I really think the game is right down my alley, but I just felt to much like a noob, and ragequit after the tutorial.
My next adventure was to download my old love DAOC. It wasn't even close to how awesome I remember it being. It seemed so 1980, and clunky I just couldn't play it past the tutorial.
Why am I suffering from this Gaming Rut Syndrome? Why are no games keeping me even slightly interested? Is GRS that powerful that it controls my mind?
Anyways I am not sure what to do these days. I am bored, and I definitely need some game to play. The problem is my list keeps growing larger and larger of games I have tried, and didn't like.
I forgot some others I have bought recently, and once again I played them once. It was Blood Bowl, DAO, LOTRO, DND, and so on. I really am running out of options.
Does Warhammer really have that much control over me? I swear the game pisses me off more than it makes me happy most of the time, but I just can't shake it. I keep going back to it like a cigarette habit.
I guess we will have to see if Rift, Tera, GW2, Firefall or SWTOR ends up finally setting me free from GRS, or some other game.
I think it may be actually PAX GRS. A week before PAX I could feel it coming on. I was excited about seeing all these new games at PAX. I barely got my Archmage to 40 before deciding to take a short break from the game. Originally it was just going to be for a week or so.
The problem is GRS is all consuming. After going to PAX it just made everything else seem unimportant. I just want to play all the new games I saw. Unfortunately most of them I may not even get to play even next year even though most of them promised a 2011 release.
GRS has hit me hard. I can't play another minute of Warhammer Online until either patch 1.4 or the RvR packs. It just seems pointless until the new mechanics get in the game.
I played Lego Universe beta, and it was fun for about a week, and now I have lost interest in it to. I swear GRS is a real disease it seems.
I have tried playing Global Agenda. The game was a blast the first few nights, but nothing made me want to keep logging in every day.
I tried EvE, and even after listening to alot of convincing chat on Twitter I was to overwhelmed with everything in the game. I really think the game is right down my alley, but I just felt to much like a noob, and ragequit after the tutorial.
My next adventure was to download my old love DAOC. It wasn't even close to how awesome I remember it being. It seemed so 1980, and clunky I just couldn't play it past the tutorial.
Why am I suffering from this Gaming Rut Syndrome? Why are no games keeping me even slightly interested? Is GRS that powerful that it controls my mind?
Anyways I am not sure what to do these days. I am bored, and I definitely need some game to play. The problem is my list keeps growing larger and larger of games I have tried, and didn't like.
I forgot some others I have bought recently, and once again I played them once. It was Blood Bowl, DAO, LOTRO, DND, and so on. I really am running out of options.
Does Warhammer really have that much control over me? I swear the game pisses me off more than it makes me happy most of the time, but I just can't shake it. I keep going back to it like a cigarette habit.
I guess we will have to see if Rift, Tera, GW2, Firefall or SWTOR ends up finally setting me free from GRS, or some other game.
