I have narrowed down my two choices of the new class I am going to roll with my new guild experiment. I have to be honest, and say I really don't know too much about each class, but I know I am horrible at melee because of being a keyboard turner, and clicker, and I refuse to play another healing class after playing them for so long in other mmo's.
I know the mirror of a Shadow Warrior is a Squig Herder, and the Engineer mirror is the Magus. Just from looking at the mirrors it would seem the Shadow Warrior would be the obvious choice.
So is the Shadow Warrior as bad as I read about? I play a Bright Wizard who can't really solo any class because of the self explosions, and our crowd control is pretty worthless.
I actually rolled a Squig Herder, and it seemed 1000 times better than my Bright Wizard so the Shadow Warrior seems like the most obvious choice. Is the damage that bad if you weigh out no self explosions? Are Shadow Warriors crying about being gimped, but they have never played a Bright Wizard to see they are worthless without a pocket healer?
I really don't know to much about an engineer. One of my friends played one early on in the game, and I think he just spammed napalm. I am not sure how effective that is these days because I hear no one talking about it. I know they have a magnet mechanic, but unless you have a core group is this tree even worth it? I see the engineer placing turrets around everywhere which makes me think they resemble a Squig Herder more than a Shadow Warrior.
Which class has better survivability an engineer or a shadow warrior? Anyone out there played both, or multiple range dps in Warhammer Online that could give an unbiased opinion?
I think I prefer a non pet type dps which would have me leaning towards being a Shadow Warrior over an Engineer. Anyone want to convince me which is actually the best choice?
Should I not roll either class, and piss everyone off and be a dps Archmage? Of course this could be a viable choice since I played a Shadowpriest before it was cool to be one in Warcraft.