Share This!

Tuesday

Back To Incineration Mastery Tree For My Bright Wizard

Okay spamming Scorched Earth is fun, but it gets old really, really quick. It is a fun mastery tree to run with my Bright Wizard for a week, or two. After a couple weeks it just loses it novelty, and I end up going back to my Incineration mastery tree.

I know who plays a Bright Wizard single target ranged mastery tree like Incineration? I do. Why?

The biggest reason I love playing Incineration tree with my Bright Wizard is I feel like I know who I am killing. I can pick a target, and take them down. It is much more rewarding than seeing twenty deathblows on the scenario scoreboard. My renown seems to actually be better than spreading my damage around, and getting five renown each for five kills. I actually am seeing 100+ renown earned kills with the new spec.

Why do I like playing Incineration more than Conflag? Quite simply it is the range. It is hard to live as a Bright Wizard with PBAOE unless you have a static bomb group to roll with.

Fiery Blast is a nice conflag tree spell but it only has an 80 foot range instead of 100. Can you guess what happens by being 20 feet closer. You become a target by every other ranged dps class on the other side. They can hit you, but you are twenty feet short from being able to hit them back. The AOE is nice, but the radius is so small now it just isn't worth the 25% reduction in damage compared to incineration spells with a better range.

I may change my mind again, but for now I am rolling with the Incineration Mastery Tree, and Immolation up to Withering Heat, and Playing With Fire.