Share This!

Sunday

Reincarnation In A MMORPG

I just saw an advertisement for an MMO that uses reincarnation. Unfortunately I didn't catch the complete title, before I clicked away. It made me start thinking about how cool that really could be.

What if your character died, and when you rezzed you were a level 24 rat, or a dungeon boss? It could be really fun I think. Maybe you just see through the eyes of the NPC, or possibly even control it to a certain extent.

How much fun would it be killing players as a reincarnated NPC? I think it would make dying actually fun, and maybe too much fun.

Would it make players die on purpose more often? How would you eventually get to play your regular character again?

Do you think reincarnation being implemented into a death penalty would be a cool new feature in an MMORPG?