Share This!

Thursday

Should I Feel Bad?

I am not sure if I should be feeling bad, or not. I love my new DPS Archmage playstyle. Most players go crazy when they think they have a healer in the group, and than notice they aren't getting any heals.

I remember those days as a Shadowpriest. No one understood the way I wanted to play. I sometimes just feel bad, but would they rather have me playing the game, or bored and not renewing my subscription?

Is there a happy medium? Right now I am fully specced to do DPS so are my heals really just a waste of time? Why do I not even want to rez people? If I am using INT renown training, and talismans, and my heals are half of someone specced with Willpower I just don't see the point.

You can try to play both, but than you will be lousy in both categories. Should I just be upfront at the beginning of a scenario that I am dps, and to not expect any heals?

Last night this player really was mad over dying at my feet as he laid there watching me dps. I couldn't resist the urge to fire back. I told him I was too broke to train both the healing, and dps skills so the dps was cheaper so I only bought dps skills.

He than told me to go questing to earn money to buy them, and I told him to go questing to buy healing potions. Of course someone else eventually said he is just saying that to piss you off.

So I ask the question again Should I feel bad about playing my Archmage DPS, and not healing or rezzing any other players?