Share This!

Friday

My Rift Queue Queue In My Pillow

My pillow currently is full of tears from my queue queue from Rift.  I know I should tough it out, but other factors  have also weighed in on my decision.  I will no longer be playing Guardian on Briarcliff with my old Warhammer Online buddies.   I have switched back to Defiant on Ashstone with no one I know.

I know originally this was my plan to roll solo.  I had this crazy idea to join my old Warhammer buddies, and it just wasn't the same.  I felt like an outsider, and most didn't even remember me.  I have to say that part hurt the most.  I guess that is what happens when I didn't follow them to World of Warcraft.  I also felt like I was playing solo anyways.  They were leveling up together, and doing Warfronts while I was lagging behind having to pug it.

I am not going to sugarcoat it.  It was the worst twelve hours of Rift.  I feel so much better on Defiant.  The comfort of knowing everything from quests, to locations, to npc's makes a huge difference.  Although I am questing alone I don't feel the pressure of fitting back in with my old guild buddies.  I am not sure I would have either.  I felt like I was also lied too.  Most of the guild is staying in Warcraft, and only about fifteen made the jump to Rift.  I just don't see them staying anyways, and I may as well not get hurt later.

I also feel a huge stress release from the stupid queue situation on Briarcliff.  It was controlling my decisions on playing.  It was to the point I wanted to take some breaks, eat, shower, or whatever, but with a six hour queue looming over my head I just kept playing.  It is just plain stupid to change your life for a queue.  This morning I woke up at 3am just to get in the queue so I could play this morning when I actually felt like getting up.  Both times I ended up being disconnected, and seeing even longer queues.   It was time to move on.

I hope to see some of you in Black Garden later today.  If you see my Ranger/Marksman/Assassin her name is Plixy, and please refrain from killing me.  I am still trying to recover from yesterday, and I really don't need to queue queue in my pillow over Rift tonight.


Enhanced by Zemanta