It seems every experience I have with them I just want to scream. Why is it that nothing ever goes right? I now know why my son said he put Comcast on his favorite five. It seems no matter what you are calling them up to fix some stupid problem.
A few weeks ago when I initially moved to my new place they told me I had to wait for them to install my internet, and I waited almost a week. I was running errands, and decided to just stop by the local Comcast office just to see if I could just pick up a modem, and hook it up. Guess what? I could, and two hours later I had internet, and could of had it a week earlier.
Now let us fast forward to today. After waiting five business days for my new HD DVR to show up from UPS I hook it up, and it doesn't work. I am really pissed. I need to DVR my Oregon Ducks tomorrow because I have a Blazer game to go to tomorrow night.
I initially call, and get a non english speaking technician. How do these idiots even get a job where customers need to be able to communicate? I spend an hour on the phone, and they say wait forty five minutes for my dvr to download data. An hour later it is still not working.
I call back. I get another non english speaking idiot. They make me repeat every step again. Once again it doesn't work. It works plugged directly in my tv, but not with the dvr box. This tech escalates it to the next level.
Finally someone who speaks clear english. Unfortunately after waiting all this time it seems the box doesn't work, or my signal is too weak. It doesn't make sense because my internet works fine, and the cable looked fine when I directly hooked it up to my tv minus the cable box.
So the technician says to take it to my local office to trade it in. I go are you sure they have them? Yes they do she replied. I than asked why I couldn't of went a week ago, and picked one up directly from the office. She goes you could have. I am livid by this time.
Why is it that the phone people at Comcast lie to me initially? Are they getting commission, or some kind of incentive so they act like I can't pick stuff up at the office? I don't call this customer service.
Now I have to spend my afternoon exchanging boxes, and hoping it fixes the problem before the big game tomorrow night. I hate to think how long it will be if they have to send a technician out to fix the problem.
I wish I had a better option than Comcast because I would tell them to go take a hike.
A few weeks ago when I initially moved to my new place they told me I had to wait for them to install my internet, and I waited almost a week. I was running errands, and decided to just stop by the local Comcast office just to see if I could just pick up a modem, and hook it up. Guess what? I could, and two hours later I had internet, and could of had it a week earlier.
Now let us fast forward to today. After waiting five business days for my new HD DVR to show up from UPS I hook it up, and it doesn't work. I am really pissed. I need to DVR my Oregon Ducks tomorrow because I have a Blazer game to go to tomorrow night.
I initially call, and get a non english speaking technician. How do these idiots even get a job where customers need to be able to communicate? I spend an hour on the phone, and they say wait forty five minutes for my dvr to download data. An hour later it is still not working.
I call back. I get another non english speaking idiot. They make me repeat every step again. Once again it doesn't work. It works plugged directly in my tv, but not with the dvr box. This tech escalates it to the next level.
Finally someone who speaks clear english. Unfortunately after waiting all this time it seems the box doesn't work, or my signal is too weak. It doesn't make sense because my internet works fine, and the cable looked fine when I directly hooked it up to my tv minus the cable box.
So the technician says to take it to my local office to trade it in. I go are you sure they have them? Yes they do she replied. I than asked why I couldn't of went a week ago, and picked one up directly from the office. She goes you could have. I am livid by this time.
Why is it that the phone people at Comcast lie to me initially? Are they getting commission, or some kind of incentive so they act like I can't pick stuff up at the office? I don't call this customer service.
Now I have to spend my afternoon exchanging boxes, and hoping it fixes the problem before the big game tomorrow night. I hate to think how long it will be if they have to send a technician out to fix the problem.
I wish I had a better option than Comcast because I would tell them to go take a hike.
