Share This!

Monday

Renown Training Update

How worthless are most of the renown skills currently?  I find most of them laughable.  I bet some have never even been used in the game since launch by players.  I am glad they are looking into changing them.

It was another bright moment for me when they mentioned at Games Day Baltimore that they were changing them to be more like realm abilities in Daoc.  Are you pulling my leg?  Someone slap me back to reality right now.  It is a dream come true if they pull this off.

I am not sure exactly how they will pull it off.  If you are unfamiliar on how realm abilities work they would give you extra spells, passive skills, and etc from what I remember.  Realm abilities were like talent trees before classes had talent trees.

The part I remember that I like is you were always improving every point unlike now where you basically go fifteen levels before you get your crit training, and your points are basically just sitting there doing nothing.

I hope somehow they implement shorter steps, and things players actually want based on their class.  I would rather see ten steps of progression for crit so every level you gain something.  Let's just say Crit 1 gets you 1% crit, Crit 2 gets you 1.5%, and so on.

I would definitely like to see a little bit more variety than the current cookie cutter crit specs.  I am sure there are many ideas out there that players would like to see.

What kind of renown abilities would you like to see added?



Enhanced by Zemanta