What is life like on a real life farm? Is it anything like Farmville? The last two days I experienced the life of living in the country on a farm.
After my father passed away almost seven years ago my mom did something I never imagined. She met a new guy, and he was nothing that my three brothers, or myself pictured her being with.
She gave up everything, and pursued her passion of living in the country on a farm with her new man. She moved in with him on a huge farm in the middle of nowhere in a small town of maybe 500 people about three hours away.
You won't see any grocery stores, fast food, video stores, or anything that most of us are accustomed too. I had no internet, no cell phone service, and no TV the whole two days.
My daughter spends a week with my mom every summer, and I spent the last two days down there spending time with her also. I have to say the time I spent with my daughter these last two days probably meant more to my daughter than anything else I have ever done for her. I know how much it means to me too, and the reason I decided to write about it.
We had a blast together. We played this dice game called Farkle, and a game called Chicken Feet using Dominos. Can you imagine playing a non computer game? It was fun. We played multiple games, and time flew by.
We went outside, and just sat on a bench taking turns throwing my mom's dog a ball. Today my arm is so sore from throwing it so much the last two days.
We played on a home made swing which was basically a rope tied to a tree branch.
We picked things from the garden for dinner. We had carrots, corn, squash, and peas for a homemade stew.
We fed the animals. We handfed three baby cows that were less than two weeks old, the mama cow, some goats, two horses, and the fish in the pond.