Share This!

Thursday

Healing Sucks While Leveling

The other day I switched back to healing with my Archmage. I really enjoy keeping people alive in scenarios, and feeling appreciated.

It is great to be a healer when scenarios are popping. It really sucks when you have to resort to pve to gain ranks while still grinding out rank 40.

The damage output of my healer is pathetic. I have to literally go through my five spell rotation twice to kill the same mobs I was killing easily as a dps spec. Basically it will take me twice as long now to get to rank 40.

It seems like a huge difference. I understand a healer shouldn't be able to dish out great dps.

Here is my issue with it. A dps Archmage can still heal like crazy. I can literally still keep everyone alive in scenarios. No one would even know I was specced for dps.

Now turn the tables as a healer Archmage. You can heal like crazy, but your dps is absolutely worthless. It would probably take three spells to kill a level one rabbit.

So why is there such a huge disparity between healing, and dps spec?