Share This!

Thursday

Where Is The Population Boost?

All I have been hearing lately is players talking about so and so, and so and so from my guild are coming back with patch 1.3.5. I thought to myself how great it was going to be to see more active players.

I guess the CensusPlus addon slapped me back to reality really quick. Why do I say this? I happened to log on during a city siege on Gorfang. You know, the city siege which is going to make everyone come back to the game. I actually think the overall players online at primetime went down compared to prior patch 1.3.5

It is a bunch of hype. I ran a census on every server, both factions during primetime and was so depressed from the active player compared to prior patch 1.3.5.

This patch wasn't the magic savior to Warhammer like everyone proclaimed it to be. The game has so many other things that drive players to quit that a new rvr driven city hasn't boosted the overall population of any server.

You still have to endure many hours of worthless rvr to get to some new content. I have already read several bloggers included myself that aren't participating in Orvr until it hits the city. What does that tell you?

It tells you Orvr is boring as hell. No one wants to do it. It proves nothing, and does nothing to help you progress your character while doing it. Yes eventually it lets you get to the city, but it doesn't make you want to participate in any of it because who cares about anni, invader, and conq gear these days unless you have a brand new alt that needs geared out.


Do you think any guilds would actually claim a keep if it wasn't required to flip a zone? Of course not. Claiming a keep means nothing.

When I see a server like Volkmar with a low population buff after this patch it sends me a strong signal that this game may not make it.