Share This!

Tuesday

Remove Diminishing Returns on Renown in Warhammer Online

I hate the diminishing returns received on renown when killing players. I have always hated the mechanic, and I wish it would be removed from Warhammer Online.

Have you ever had an epic one vs one battle with another player on Warhammer? You stand over their dead body, and glance over at your combat box to see you only received 1 renown for killing a RR80 player because you killed him 3 other times earlier with the zerg.

Is it fair that you get punished for the more hours you PvP? Should you just play a few hours a night instead?

It just doesn't make sense in a pvp based game that these mechanics still exist. I know it will breed cheaters who will hide somewhere and kill trade. Is it really worth punishing the 99% of your honest player base because of 1%?

Why am I bringing this topic up of diminishing renown? Because the new city mechanics that will be RvR based is just around the corner. What incentive is there if you have to kill the same black orc over, and over for 1 renown. It is the whole reason I have hated stage 1 of city sieges. After the first five minutes you are just wasting your time.

I want to get full renown for every kill no matter if I killed that player once, or one hundred times that day.

Do you like diminishing returns on renown in Warhammer Online?